Personal Life Evaluation
2 Corinthians 5:10 (NAS)
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
INTRODUCTION: You will one day appear before the Lord Jesus Christ in order to give an account for the gifts and oppourtunities you have been given. It is very important that you understand the standard of measure that will be used and that you live your life accordingly.
· The standard of obedience to the scripture (specific revelation) is universal for every believer.
· You will also give an account for the unique revelation that God gives to you about your personal reponcibilities in the Kingdom. This includes your response to specific tasks, callings and gifts that he has bestowed upon you.
This questionaire is designed to help you identify how God has gifted you, how he intends you to employ those gifts and what will be expected of you at the Judgement.
Each main heading is followed by group discussion. Historically God has used both introspective self evaluation as well as the outward affirmation of the family of faith to clarify and lend direction to our calling (Acts 13:1-2). After you work through each section meet with your team to discuss your answers and work through the group questions for each individual.
· How many years have you walked with Christ?
· What roles do you fill? (Example: Husband, Dad, Pastor, ect.)
· How many years have you been engaged in full time Christian service?
· Which posistions have you held during that time?
· What events/oppourtunities/relationships were most significant in your journey up to this point? (When God seemed to be using you the most)
· What has the physical and emotional toll of ministry been on your body and family?
· In the past what events/days have you seen my gifts serve the body of Christ to the greatest capacity?
· Specifically, how did God us me?
· Which spiritual gifts were most evident during those times?
· Were their any times that felt I was operating out of my personal gifts?
· Prioritize your top 3 personal values apart from ministry.
· Prioritize your top 3 ministerial values.
· Would people who know you well be able to correctly list your personal and ministerial values? If not, why not?
· What are the top 10 values of Capshaw?
· Do our people know our values clearly?
· Do each of our values line up with the staff as a whole?
3. Personal Desires:
· Based on what you have discovered about yourself in the questions above how could you imagine God using you in future ministry?
· If God wrote you a ministerial blank check and allowed you to choose the capacity that he would use you in, what would it be?
· In what ways do your answers to the previous questions reflect an accurate understanding of yourself from personal reflection and peer input?
· Does your prayer life reflect a proper understanding of how God is gifted you and your personal potential for Christ?
· Are there any ways that I have an improper desire based on how God has gifted me?
· What are some ways that the team can help you reach your potential, pray for you and help you achieve the goals God has for you?
4. Relationships and Resources:
· Based on what you have discovered about yourself in the questions above identify 3 or 4 high effective people who you believe have a similar gift mix and calling.
· What books, podcasts, and resources have these people made availible that you need to check out?
· Who are a few people that have a similar calling that are accessible to you (that you could take to lunch)?
· How can we each use our personal network to help our team members connect with people who could serve them well?
Thoughts for follow through:
· Pray: Take what you have learned and pray through it asking God to give clarity and direction. Make plans for your future based on the truth that has been revealed. Trust God for the results. Ask God for contentment as He continues to develop you and prepare you for future service.
· Communicate: Let your spouce know what you have learned and discuss the implications for your marriage and family.
· Lead: What immediate steps do you need to take in order to direct your life toward that for which you will give an account?
· Indentify: If you were the enemy what traps, temptations and road blocks would you arrange in order to keep you off purpose?